Friday 3 October 2008

Report: Youtube Covers

So I've been a bit of a Youtube herm lately- Myspace is becoming a bore and I'm pretty sure no one reads this and looking at other people's Facebook photos eventually becomes tedious, believe it or not.
Anyway, since I finally got myself a youtube account (eargasmicc), I've been commenting the hell out of anything I can watch. Particularly, I've developed a 'cover fetish'. Sometimes a Youtube nobody can really outdo an original song! Here are a selection of my favorites so far:



Cold War Kids - We Used to Vacation acoustic cover
(By crazy guy. seems very into it)


Los Campesinos! - Death to Los Campesinos! Cover on Piano
(This has no lyrics, but still awesome)



The Strokes - Someday covered on a strange electronic thing by Lightspeed Champion and a random.


Mystery Jets- Flakes covered by Florence and the Machine

As she's done with other covers in the past, she changes the song completely in the simplest ways. Mind blowing.

Message if you find any more I might enjoy!

No comments: